- This event has passed.
Laser 4.7 European Championship (Laser Charter Boats)
April 13, 2017 - April 22, 2017
SailCoach maintains a fleet of approximately 30 Lasers guaranteed less than two years old at most major Laser regattas in Europe. This means you never have to worry about transporting your boat and allowing you to fly into the venue with your Laser all ready to sail. All charter kit is guaranteed to be less than two years old.
SailCoach has been operating European Laser Charters for well over 21 years and we take pride in providing the best service as we are always on site to help sort out those little problems. There is no other organisation that offers such a wide choice of regattas and service.
Our goal is to enable Laser sailors from any part of the world to compete on the European Circuit or participate in our training clinics with good equipment, hassle free. We are Laser sailors ourselves so we understand your needs.
If you are thinking of coming to Europe then please ask us about putting a Laser charter package together as we can take a lot of the effort out of competing on the European Regatta Circuit. We will do our very best to put a package together that suit your needs.
Laser Charter pro forma:
Charter boats are supplied
(with the following equipment provided)
* Laser hull with bailer fitted
* Racing padded toe strap, shockcord and toe strap line.
* Foils/Blades (centreboard and rubber)
* Spars, lower and top mast, boom complete with all fittings attached
* Mainsheet deck side cleats
* Mainsheet block with spring
* XD deck base fittings with cleats, but without blocks
* Launching trolley
You may not make any alterations to any part of the boat, its equipment, spars or fittings, even if subsequently replaced, without approval from SailCoach.
Equipment not provided
(you need to supply the following)
* Mainsheet Block
* Tiller and tiller extension
* All control lines with all control line blocks
* Traveller blocks
* Boom vang
* Wind indicator
Please remember all the small blocks for the control systems, as we cannot supply these. Masts are available in the charter price however as you can appreciate it’s very difficult to keep them in good racing order and if you are particular about you mast we suggest you bring your own.
Masts are available in the charter price however it’s very difficult to keep them in good racing order, so if you are particular about your mast, we suggest you bring your own.
We would also like to remind you that you are responsible for the boat insurance at the regatta and need to transfer your own Laser insurance for the charter period.
Charter of Laser Foils/Blades
If you need us to included foils with the charter, we can do that for an additional fee of €50 on top of the charter fee as they are particularly vulnerable to wear and tear. Any significant chips will result in a €50 fine deducted from the damage deposit.
Boat Insurance is not covered within the charter price. Please make sure that you transfer your own Laser Insurance before you travel as most regatta organizers will ask for it in writing.
All Lasers are chartered subject to availability. A €200 non-refundable deposit must be received by SailCoach before a booking is confirmed. The balance payment must be received by us at least 30 days before the start of the charter period. Pay a deposit now…
Palma, Hyéres, Delta Lloyd and Kiel regattas, Laser Standard Senior camp; Youth European Championships, the Radial European Championships all have a very high demand for Laser Charters each year.
Please e-mail us first to see what our availability is for the regatta you would like to attend. Please do not make any payment on to we confirm availability.
SailCoach Cancellation Policy
1. Cancellation 30 days before the start date of the charter period: full refund (60 days for High Season).
2. Cancellation within 30 days before the start date of the charter period, forfeit deposit (within 60 days for High Season).
3. Cancellation within 29 days before the start date of the charter period, forfeit full fee (within 59 days for High Season).
We strongly recommend that charter clients should ensure they have Travel Insurance.
4. In exceptional circumstances, SailCoach may offer you credit to partake in another SailCoach activity within 6 months of the original start date. This decision is at the discretion of SailCoach staff.
Low Season is from September to March / High Season April to August.