38th Lake Garda Optimist Meeting (Optimist Charter)
April 4 - April 12
SailCoach maintains a fleet of approximately 12 Winner Optimist guaranteed to be less than one year old, our fleet of charter boats will be at most major Optimist regattas in Europe. This means you never have to worry about transporting your boat and it will allow you to fly into the regatta venue with your Optimist all ready to sail.
SailCoach has been operating European Laser Charters for well over 24 years and we take pride in providing the best service as we are always on site to help sort out those little problems. We are now able to offer an Optimist charter service along the same lines as our Laser charter service. There is no other organisation that offers such a wide choice of regattas and services in both classes of boat.
Our goal is to enable Optimist sailors from any part of the world to compete on the European circuit or participate in our training clinics with good equipment, hassle free. We are Optimist and Laser sailors ourselves, so we understand your needs.
If you are thinking of competing in Europe then please ask us about putting an Optimist charter package together for your needs, as we can take a lot of the effort out of competing at European regattas. We will do our very best to put a package together that suit your sailing plans.
Optimist Charter Pro Forma:
Charter boats are supplied with the following equipment provided: –
* Winner hull (DenMark RACE)
* Spars Optimax MKIV rig complete
* N1 Foils Light/Heavy option
* Top Cover
* Foils Cover
* Two Bailers
* One Paddle
* Tapered mainsheet
* Mast lock
* Trimming sets (Kicker, Sprit System, Outhaul, Downhaul)
Equipment not provided and you will need to bring with you: –
* Sail and sail ties
* Wind Indicator
* Personal sailing gear
We would also like to remind you that you are responsible for the boat’s insurance at the regatta and would need to transfer your own Optimist insurance for the charter period.
Longer Periods of Optimist Charter
If your thinking of sailing a number of regattas SailCoach also make available Optimists charters for longer periods of time within Europe. Ask us to price your programme and you may be surprised at our competitive prices.
Boat Insurance is not covered within the charter price. Please make sure that you transfer your own Optimist Insurance before you travel as most regatta organizers will ask for it in writing.
All Optimist chartered are subject to availability. A €200 non-refundable deposit must be received by SailCoach before a booking is confirmed. The balance payment must be received by us at least 30 days before the start of the charter period. Pay a deposit now…
SailCoach Cancellation Policy
1. Cancellation 30 days before the start date of the charter period: full refund (60 days for High Season).
2. Cancellation within 30 days before the start date of the charter period, forfeit the deposit (within 60 days for High Season).
3. Cancellation within 29 days before the start date of the charter period, forfeit full fee (within 59 days for High Season).
We strongly recommend that charter clients should ensure they have Travel Insurance.
4. In exceptional circumstances, SailCoach may offer you credit to partake in another SailCoach activity within 6 months of the original start date. This decision is at the discretion of SailCoach staff.
Low Season is from September to March / High Season April to August.